The holiday season is coming faster than we know it so let's make a Christmas stocking just in time for Santa to stuff it full of goodies. The Stuff It Stocking knit along is the perfect way to learn how to knit a sock. You'll learn lots of new techniques and I'll be right here to answer any questions for you. Let's knit together!
The Stuff It Stocking will begin on Tuesday, December, 4, 2014 and run for two and a half weeks. You can make the Stuff It Stocking even if you've never knit a sock before! This top-down sock knitting pattern has a few extra techniques, too. If you're a more experienced knitter maybe you'll learn something new or maybe you just want to knit along. Great!
What will I learn?
Each topic will be posted here on our blog. Here are the dates and topics for each section of the KAL:
- Thursday 12/4: Casting on, knitting in the round, working the hem at the top.
- Tuesday 12/9: Knitting the body of the sock and carrying colors while striping.
- Thursday 12/11: Making the heel flap, turning the heel, knitting the instep.
- Tuesday 12/16: Decreasing for the toe and Kitchener Stitch.
- Thursday 12/18: Hang loop i-cord, finishing and blocking. Santa's coming!
What do I need?
Your supplies list is:
- Yarn: 1 ball of three colors of Wooly Worsted merino yarn
- Needles: Set of 5 size US 8 (5 mm) double pointed knitting needles
- Supplies: 1 stitch marker and a yarn needle
- Pattern: Stuff It Stocking knitting pattern (available for 25% off for the KAL on ravelry.com. Use code: SANTA.)
How do I follow along?
Let's knit! What colors of Wooly Worsted yarn will you pick?