It's time to get back to knitting and what better way than with a fun fall knit along! Join us for the Double Deco Knit Along and learn to make this beautiful shawl right along with us.
The Double Deco KAL is hosted by the designer, Leah Coccari-Swift and she'll be here showing you tons of tips and answering any knitting questions, too. The KAL will begin on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 and run for six weeks. You can make this shawl and learn great new skills along the way!
What will I learn?
The Double Deco wrap is all knit stitches but it's packed with technique. In this KAL you'll learn how to:
- Work the knitted cast-on
- Pick up stitches
- Count garter ridges
- Carry colors up the edge
I'm in! What do I need?
Double Deco is worked with four colors of Ewe So Sporty merino yarn. We just added ten! new shades so you can choose a color combo that is perfect for you!
- Pattern: Double Deco. Use coupon code: DoubleDecoKAL for 25% off!
Coupon code can also be used on Ravelry.
- Color A: 4 skeins (Shown in Color 98 Charcoal)
- Color B: 4 skeins (Shown in Color 97 Brushed Silver)
- Color C: 1 skein (Shown in Color 70 Aquamarine)
- Color D: 1 skein (Shown in Color 40 Lemon Chiffon)
- Needles: US 6 32" circular knitting needles
- Supplies: Yarn needle, clothes pin (to help keep yarn managed)
Gauge is not critical for this pattern, however, changes in gauge will affect the size of the finished object as well as the amount of yarn used. The pattern's suggested gauge is 18 sts and 44 rows to 4" in garter stitch, unblocked. If you get your yarn ahead of time you can take a minute to check your gauge to ensure a good finished product.
How do I follow along?
Let's knit! What colors of Ewe So Sporty yarn will you pick?
Leave us a comment to say you're going to join us!